Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Direction

After many years of designing jewelry, I've been searching for new inspiration. I have found my niche in vintage because it is my love. However after watching my vintage designs being re-produced in mass and sold practically at the dollar store prices, I have been considering new direction. I love to make all sorts of items, so the new items you see are again all of one-of-a-kind and cannot be reproduced.

I have an obsession with paper of all kinds. Tissue paper, wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, vintage paper and ephemera. Oh and an obsession with vintage buttons, laces and trims as well.

I have created several new items of which are now for sale in the Atelier.
Below I have featured two of them.

I have a fascination with maps! So with a map as an excuse, I have created a few vintage paper paste storage boxes. The first one is a long skinny European geography themed box. It would be perfect for storing anything from pencils to paint brushes to wayward receipts in an office.


The second box reminds me of travel luggage with its pretty antiqued brass look handle and hardware. This box follows a short story theme called "The Silver Mine" and it also has sheet music, poetry, dictionary pages, science info. It is topped with a beautiful Eastern Hemisphere map in beautiful pastels.


Here's to new beginnings, here's to Spring! Cheers!

No comments: